Library Staff

Library Staff
All in a row

Monday, August 15, 2011

Beyond Method #5

Within the last month or so one of the library book club members implemented a group on Goodreads for the club and invited members to join. I signed up then for Good reads and have been trying to keep track of what I have read and am reading. I've been interested in having a list of books I've read for a while now so Goodreads seemed to be a viable option. I had already looked at LibraryThing and Shelfari and while I find them interesting for me they aren't particularly useful. At this time our library is using NextReads for collection development and I find this tool to be particularly helpful. Most staff use it very successfully to find titles that patrons can just remember a few details about. It's also great for finding missing titles in series. While I am interested in becoming knowledgeable about the tools available for social tagging, I find that I am not that interested in being "social" about the things that I read. An interesting conundrum. That being said I was interested in BookLight and will explore that resource further when my registration is confirmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment