Library Staff

Library Staff
All in a row

Monday, August 22, 2011

Beyond Method #12

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?

I think that I enjoyed the travel sites and information the most. Some of the other exercises were fairly familiar to me or just beyond my comprehension at the time but the travel info always interests me. Okay, I'm a map freak and always happy to learn new skills with Google maps.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?

Wow, I'm not sure that I have any specific lifelong learning goals. I didn't see that anywhere. I suppose that my goal is to try to stay as up to date as possible without becoming bogged down in minutiae. I make an effort to familiarize myself with new technology but tend to use the technology that is actually useful for my lifestyle.

Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? I can't think of any surprises right off the top of my head.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
I think the format is excellent. I just think it's a little daunting to feel like you have to complete the entire course. Perhaps it would feel easier if you got to pick the modules you complete and get credit based on completed modules. Of course that would be way more work for you guys. No easy answers.

And last but not least…
If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again chose to participate?
I would definitely participate again. Always trying to keep up!

No comments:

Post a Comment