Library Staff

Library Staff
All in a row

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Method 5 - Take Two

The most interesting thing about this Method was the discussion of the legality of posting library photos on flikr. My library does have a flikr website and it's been great for highlighting events and activities at the library. Our policy has been that we will take down a picture if requested. We don't identify anyone by name. I will be circulating the Michael Stevens article to other library staff members and we will discuss the posting of a privacy policy and disclaimer at future events.

I apparently had signed up for flikr quite a while ago but had no memory of doing so. I had uploaded 4 pictures. I will look into uploading some of my pictures from my home computer during the Christmas holidays. I do have some personal concerns about losing "memories" though since I share all my pictures with my husband, he has them on a thumb drive and also on Apple TV so I'm probably okay. In fact, sometimes I think the ability to save so many pictures results in photo overload. When I actually print a picture now I will only print one that I love. The photos on my computer are pretty much anything I took. I do go in and delete them on occasion but it's still way too many pictures. Looking at the slideshow on Apple TV really brought this home to me. I'm constantly saying to my husband, "You really need to delete some of those pictures." It can be really boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment