Library Staff

Library Staff
All in a row

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Method 3

I found the readings about cloud computing to be very interesting. I was particularly interested in the Google Docs applications. I had heard about this application from a library employee but had never taken the time to investigate. I love the idea of being able access documents from any computer, especially since I tend to carry my laptop from home with me on business trips. I can access my work computer using logmein but it is often very slow. I had found my self emailing documents to my home email address so I could access information while at TLA Annual Assembly. The only drawback for me is that accessing the Google Docs still requires Internet access. The times when I might need to access documents are often times when I don't have Internet access. That's an entire other issue!

No comments:

Post a Comment